Given the unpredictability of current macroeconomic conditions, investors have had to diversify from traditional strategies and seek alternate ways to secure reliable returns. However, with further rate hikes on the horizon, new levels of geopolitical tension, and the growing threat of inflation, stagflation and recession, it is easier said than done. Key questions for insurers in the short- and long-term include:
• How has the ever-changing external environment impacted strategic asset allocation?
• How should insurers adjust their approach towards fixed income investments in the current environment?
• What do different alternative asset classes and strategies offer, and how can they contribute to portfolio diversification?
• How are insurance companies building towards a more sustainable investment strategy?
• What is the latest on the risk-based capital regime for Hong Kong-based insurers?
The fall edition of AsianInvestor’s quarterly Insurance Investment Briefing Hong Kong brings together a select group of investment leaders from the insurance community to discuss their perspectives on the market and share best practices for portfolio management.
Principal & Consulting Actuary
Deputy General Manager, Investment Management Department