about the event
The insurance investment landscape in Hong Kong presents a challenging environment characterized by an uncertain and volatile macroeconomic climate, ongoing changes to the regulatory regime, and the persistent challenges of duration matching. Amidst these dynamics, insurance investors face the imperative of portfolio diversification to optimize returns and manage risks effectively. Navigating these complexities requires a comprehensive understanding of market trends, regulatory developments, and innovative investment strategies.
Join us at our next Insurance Investment Briefing Hong Kong as we bring together esteemed investment executives from the insurance sector to explore:
• How are insurance investors adapting their portfolio optimisation strategies to account for both regulatory and accounting changes, as well as the changing macroeconomic environment?
• To what extent have the accounting changes of IFRS 9 and 17 impacted insurers' asset allocations thus far?
• Which investment opportunities can aid insurers in overcoming the challenge of duration mismatch?
• What alternative asset classes should insurers consider for portfolio diversification, and what benefits do they offer?
• What approaches are insurance companies taking to manage their ESG strategies and commitments?